Friday 26 October 2012

Stranded on an Island
By Marko Milanovic, 1ºESO B
If I were stranded on an island, the two main things that I would take with me are the following: a strong, good quality axe and a durable fishing rod.
On the first day in the island, I would take out my fishing rod and go fishing for a few hours until I got enough fish to feed myself for a couple of days. Then I would cut some wood into logs and make a shelter. I would make a rain collector out of wood for drinking water, and then attempt to find a stream.
On the island, I would always keep my axe with me in case I had to fight off some animals. Then with my axe and wood, I would make a spear to hunt. Successively, I would rest for a while and begin my search for animals and vegetables to eat. Later I would skin the animals and make the fur into winter clothes.
In the afternoons, I would rub two sticks together to make a fire. With the fire, I would cook the meat and the fish. The embers of the fire would keep me warm for the night. In winter, I would reinforce my shelter by adding a few more logs, a bigger fire and covering the walls with some layers of animal skins.
The two objects that I have chosen would help me to survive if stranded for a considerable amount of time. They would provide me with the tools to fulfil my basic human needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment