Friday 4 March 2011

ANGELOU, Maya, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, C1, 3000 Headwords

Pablo Fernández, 1º Bachillerato EFL

Marguerite Angelou, called Maya by her friends was a black woman who lived in the thirties. In those times, black people were considered inferior. Maya, who's the narrator, tells us how the unfair society treated black people, and the problems she had to face to survive.

I personally think that this book is awfully interesting, despite being a biography, Maya Angelou's biography. It's also an entertaining book because her life is really amazing. She moved to different places in America because of her parents’ divorce. Her stepfather raped her when she was just eight. I also like this book because I'm interested in what life was like for black people and what they thought about that situation. So my conclusion is that, although it's a biography, and normally they are boring, this one is interesting. I give this book four stars out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment